What is the Book Battle?
The Book Battle is a voluntary reading incentive program for students in 4th and 5th grade. The purpose simply is to encourage reading for pleasure, broaden reading interest, and recognize students who enjoy reading.
The Book Battle is actually three battles in one:
- Students who read four or more books and successfully complete a short quiz for each of the books are eligible to be members of a Book Battle team; students who read all six books and pass the quizzes will receive a medal.
- Students who become members of Battle teams will participate in a friendly competition with other Angling Road teams where the teams will answer trivia questions about the books.
- The winning team from Angling Road will compete in the Grand Book Battle with other Portage schools.
If you have any questions, please contact Rob Henry RHenry49024@gmail.com
Book Battle books -
Book Battle Dates -
February 5, 2017
* Last day to qualify for a Book Battle team
February, TBD, 2017
* Angling Road Book Battle, held during the school day.
February 22, 2017
* Grand Book Battle to be held at Woodland Elementary gymnasium at 6:30 pm.